If you’re looking for viable opportunities to conduct market research where few have ventured, consider Ghana.
- Ghana has the a population of approximately 27 million and growing, the 48th world’s largest country population.
Growing Per Capita Income –
- Per capita income has increased year over year for more than 15 years. From 2006-2014 GDP per capita has increased 33% and growing.
- The economy of Ghana has over a period of more than two decades consistently witnessed a positive growth rate. This back-to-back growth registered from 1986 culminated in the attainment of lower middle-income status in the year 2010.
- Ghana’s has one of the highest GDP per capita in West Africa.
Natural Resources –
- The country has a diverse and rich resource base with gold, timber, cocoa, diamond, bauxite, and manganese being the most important source of foreign trade. In 2007, an oilfield which may contain up to 3 billion barrels of light oil was discovered.
Government Favorable to Personal and Corporate Growth:
- The Government of Ghana recognizes that attracting foreign direct investment requires an enabling legal environment.
- No overall economic or industrial strategy that discriminates against foreign-owned businesses. In some cases a foreign investment may enjoy additional incentives if the project is deemed critical to the country’s development.
Focus on Education:
- 89% of Ghanaian’s are literate. The Ghanian educational system is instructed exclusively in English.
- Approximately 42% of Ghanian’s currently participate in Secondary Education. The Government of Ghana continues to emphasize and subsidize education.
Hope you find this information helpful. We look forward to your feedback.